Warehouse and Receiving Manager
Shipping and Warehouse Operations Supervisor will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of the shipping and freight strategies and arrangements of hop products for Yakima Chief-Hopunion. These arrangements will result in an optimized supply chain in terms of delivery, inventory and cost.
Oversee staff, the process and day-to-day operations, which includes (but are not limited to) the following:
- Planning/booking of outbound shipments.
- Utilizing the reports for pending orders, determine the equipment required to carry it and the date by which it must be shipped in order to arrive when requested.
- Arrange the booking with the freight forwarder, trucker, or any other entities responsible for moving the freight and liaising with customers.
- Allocating and recording resources and movements on a transport planning system.
- Ensuring all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
- Communicating effectively with clients and responding to their requirements.
- Analyze freight and logistics cost and benefits; provide cost effective recommendations.
- Generate export documentation as required by respective country of destination and customer.
- Coordinate state-issued customs documents with WSDA
- Present all required customs clearance documents to customs authorities at destination, as instructed by customer.
- Arrange for insurance to cover the goods during shipment.
- Assure outbound shipping costs are consistent with negotiated market rates.
- Negotiate and bargain transportation prices.
- Work with freight forwarder, vendor or customer to arrange for receipt of product.
- Manage Customer Sales Orders.
- Provide support to customers with monthly inventory reports
- Manage delivery schedules.
- Manage allocations to Sales Orders.
- Work closely with operations and warehouse crews to ensure orders are completed and ready for shipment.
5.Help manage weekly operation planning meetings.
6.Develop transportation relationships.
9.Communicate the status of any shipment delays and/or other related problems to
appropriate personnel and customers.
10.Train other personnel to perform duties spelled out in this job description.
11. Assist receiving personnel with harvest deliveries.
11. All other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain sanitary and safe work environment.
13.Follow safety requirements.
- May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Follow all SOPs in a given area.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee
- Two-year degree (preferred), or equivalent experience
- Working Experience
- Five years’ experience in a food or beverage processing facility
- Five years’ experience in logistics coordination
- Skill Base
- Understanding of ERP system functionality
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Display excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work well both individually and as a team
- Physical requirements:
- Must possess a strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission and vision, and environmental and quality policy.
- Must have a positive attitude, support co-workers to obtain the above objectives, and assist others in their contributions.
- Posses a Continuous process improvement mindset.
- Team player.
Email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.