The System Administrator is responsible for: server installation, system design, server maintenance, server monitoring, data backups, server/system security and documentation of the server/systems environment, assists the Help Desk and Network Staff in providing technical and desktop support for all users in times of high volume or escalated issues, ensures stable operation of all business-critical applications maintaining infrastructure and software integrity using industry best practices.
- Manages and administers all operating systems and their corresponding or associated software and hardware.
- Conducts research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software, procurement and development efforts.
- Manages and ensures the integrity of host computers for multiple databases and data transfer.
- Distributes and supervises server storage space allotments.
- Performs system audits to continually sustain ISO and security requirements using industry best practices.
- Analyzes system or application usage and plans for growth and/or increases in network capacity.
- Recommends, schedules, and performs software and hardware improvements, upgrades and/or purchases.
- Interacts and negotiates with vendors and contractors to secure software products and services.
- Develops, implements and maintains policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.
- Designs and implements disaster recovery plan for operating systems, databases, servers, and software applications.
- Maintain network, server, and system security.
- Administers and maintains end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Create and update documentation for knowledge base.
- Adhere to all company policies.
- Remain vigilant in the pursuit and presentation of process improvement and enhanced efficiency.
- Maintain sanitary and safe work environment.
- Follow safety requirements.
- May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Follow all SOPs in each area.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.
- Demonstrate a powerful sense of internal customer service and strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission and vision.
- Requires sound written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate proficiently to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks within a high-pressure environment using creative problem solving skills for timely resolution of IS issues.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
- Ability to conduct research into software/hardware issues and new products as required.
- Technical experiences should include, but not be limited to:
- Minimum of 4 years with Linux/Windows server administration
- Proficient with MS Server 2003-2012, RHEL, Cisco IOS, MS SQL Server 2008-2016, MySQL
- Experience with AWS and Azure Cloud administration and best practices
- Experience with supporting application and database servers
- Strong experience with Apache and IIS
- Experience with Encryption Software
- Specific experience with Microsoft Operating Systems 2008 R2 to 2012 R2
- Experience with VMware 5.5 including VLAN and Enterprise Plus features
- Experience with iSCSI SANS; Dell EQ and NetApp knowledge is a plus
- Specific experience with Cloud and on-premise data recovery and backups.
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in the field of computer science and four (4) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.