Quality Assurance (QA) Coordinator
This position’s purpose is to provide support to the QA Team to help ensure YCH product quality.
- Work with YCH personnel to ensure employees are following procedures outlined in ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.Assist with implementing a selected Food Safety System, as ISO 22000.
- Duties to include:Plant assessments for ISO procedures, checking forms and checking maintenance and calibration logs.Audit preparation as requested by manager.
- Work with Supply Chain management to ensure incoming product passes food safety requirements.
- Spray record and harvest information collection and entry for complete traceability.
- Assist with upkeep of reference data in spray record database.
- Assist with food safety monitor testing and reporting.
- Assist in producing annual harvest summary reports for internal evaluation and for growers.
- Assist with GreenChief farmer assessments, organizing meetings, other duties as needed.
- Assist with foreign material reporting, employee training in quality systems functionality and completing internal assessments.
- Assist with preparing corrective action reports back to suppliers.
- Work with YCH personnel to ensure employees are following YCH company GMP and food safety policies.
- Maintain R-status log and help determine solutions for non-conforming product.
- Track returned product, arrange QC testing and finalize plan for solution.
- Assist with customer complaint investigations, helpdesk tickets, customer assessments and supplier questionnaires
- Assist with ISO audits and preparation.Including employee training and document checks.
- Assist Quality Systems and Food Safety Manager with finalizing SOP revisions, form changes and document control tracking.
- Assist Quality Systems and Food Safety Manager with completing PIR’s and checking long term solutions.
- Work with operations personnel to ensure CER are complete and up to date.
- Assist management with teaching the importance of finished product quality to operations personnel.
- Assist management with teaching the importance of food safe products to operations personnel.
- Continuously look for ways to improve quality process and notify quality team of observations and recommendations.
- Maintain sanitary and safe work environment.
- Follow safety requirements.
- Handle food products safely.
- May be asked to participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or Manager’s designee.
- Follow all instructions from the Manager, shift supervisor and/or assistant supervisor.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1-year related experience with demonstrated aptitude to learn on-the-job.
- Excellent mathematical, communication and computer skills, be strongly detail oriented and be able to easily multi-task.
- Should be able to independently initiate, prioritize, and perform or solve work problems and ultimately achieve work objectives and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with co-workers, supervisor and management.
- Demonstrated aptitude for working cross departmentally.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Follow written (Standard Operating Procedures -SOP’s, company memos & emails) and verbal Instructions.
- Must have strong knowledge of ISO Systems.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power BI and Outlook).
- Must be able to learn ERP systems to perform data entry & print reports.
- Possess a strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission, vision, values and environmental policy and quality policy.
- Must have a positive attitude, support co-workers to obtain desired objectives, and assist others in their contributions.
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for extended periods of time and access stairs and ladders.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat occasionally to frequently.
- Ability to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (in required areas) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift (up to 50 lbs), carry (up to 44 lbs) occasionally to frequently within normal limits.
- Ability to adapt to changing paces and processes quickly.
- Attentive to the task and own surroundings.
Email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.