Program Manager, Online Sales
The Program Manager’s Primary focuses will be the promotion, and strategic selling of spot inventory in collaboration with the Inside Sales Manager through Online Sales, as well as further development and definition of the website from a sales perspective in conjunction with our IT staff responsible for web development. This will also overlap need from our marketing team in active promotion and direction of the website. Ancillary duties surrounding this will be keeping track of spot purchasing data and trending as related to traditional spot selling and Online Sales spot selling. Also, to provide support to the inside sales staff when needed and to work collaboratively with Customer Support Specialist(s) who currently work in Online Sales.
- Champion the continued improvement of our spot website
- Manage the inter-working’s and background of the website
- Organize and run the Online Sales action committee
- Champion the project of the next iteration of a fully integrated website, and work with sales teams, IT teams and marketing to realize this goal.
- Work to add new and experimental products to the sales portfolio for spot selling through Online Sales.
- Collaboratively work with marketing to achieve Online Sales goals.
- Put uncontracted hops to the best use: value for customers and profits for YCH.
- Work with operations as well as business development director to understand carrying and rework costs to hold and reprocess product for sale.
- Collaborate with Inside and Outside Sales to create sales strategy that includes pricing, channel and specific spot sale process detail to move product efficiently and within defined profit margins.
- Metrics include improvement as compared to both prior fiscal year practices and incremental gains period over period:
- Prior crop remaining inventory sales (volume and profit) as compared to prior fiscal year practices and then incremental
- Inventory accuracy and immediate availability for sales
- Analysis of market needs, supply forecasts, and on-hand inventory to rapidly shift away from holding high volumes of prior crop year inventory.
- BA in business preferred but not required.
- Familiarity, background or education in web development, website design and online sales.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Excellent mathematical, communication and computer skills, be strongly detail oriented and be able to easily multi-task.
- Should be able to independently to initiate, prioritize, and perform or solve work problems and ultimately achieve work objectives and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with co-workers, supervisor and management.
- Follow written (Standard Operating Procedures -SOP’s, company memos & emails) and verbal Instructions.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience with demonstrated aptitude to learn on-the-job, and/or 3 years’ experience as a Customer Service Specialist with demonstrated excellence in position.
- Familiarity with plant equipment operation and SOPs.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Possess a strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission, vision, values and environmental policy and quality policy.
- Must have a positive attitude, support co-workers to obtain desired objectives, and assist others in their contributions as well as collaboratively work within and outside of department to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to adapt to changing paces and processes quickly.
- Ability to effectively talk on the phone and use email.
- Must be able to learn ERP systems to perform data entry & print reports.
- Attentive to the task and own surroundings.
- Ability to take on ancillary roles and effectively manage department programs.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.