The Packaging Manager works within the Packaging Department and reports to the Extract Plant Manager & Process / Regulatory Engineer. The Packaging Manager manages packaging personnel in daily activities and coordinates activities in packaging products for storage or shipment, reviews production order to ascertain type and quantity of product, containers to be used, and other packaging requirements.This is an Exempt/Salary position.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent. Trade school or college desirable.
- Familiarity with packaging/processing equipment and inventory management.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and possess a strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission, vision and company values.
- Must have a positive attitude, ability to manage and support co-workers to obtain job objectives, and assist others in their contributions.
- Requires sound written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate verbally and in writing. Accurately document and complete required paperwork.
- PC skills – Microsoft Excel & Word, Outlook,
- Must be able to organize, coordinate and delegate projects.
- Bilingual Spanish, Preferred
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Not required, but helpful:
- Experience with Video Jet printer
- Experience with Canco Closing Machine
- Manage packaging line operation.
- Oversee packaging to comply with packaging schedule.
- Schedule packaging line employees based on demand schedule.
- Keep inventory of packaging supplies.
- Manage shipping and receiving of extract, supplies, equipment, miscellaneous items and inventory of extract.
- Oversee, organize, and replenish spare parts inventory for packaging line.
- Schedule maintenance and automated system and maintain completed work order history.
- Provide technical expertise to packaging line.
- Operate packaging line, follow standard operating procedures.
- Adjust canning line to fill different packaging sizes.
- Perform preventive maintenance on packaging line.
- Repackage extract, dump drums, place product in warm room.
- Forklift operation.
- Responsible for signing off on all required paperwork to be completed during shift.
- Organize and store documents for traceability purpose.
- Assist plant personnel in other duties.
- Must adhere to all company policies and ensure shift members follow policies as well.
- Responsible for overall supervision and management of Packaging Operations.
- Assure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Notify immediate supervisor if you identify or recommend ways to improve process efficiency.
- Provide support and feedback in the creation and revising of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Support and facilitate general maintenance, preventative maintenance, and maintenance records
- Participate in Safety Committee Meetings.
- Facilitate and support ISO 9001 & 14001 Internal Audits, Continuous Improvements, Corrective Action and Accident Investigation
- Notify your supervisor if you identify or recommend ways to improve process efficiency.
- Ensure areas of responsibility are compliant with ISO, GMP, HACCP and other regulatory requirements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Manager or his designee.
Email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.