Mechanic - Packaging
The Packaging Mechanic is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and making necessary repairs to ensure the efficiency, performance and reliability of the Packaging equipment in accordance with company policies and procedures and in an efficient and safe manner in order to provide the highest level of quality and delivery to our customers. This person will advise personnel on maintenance requirements, repair equipment and help train less skilled maintenance mechanics. This person will work within the Maintenance department and report to the Maintenance / Safety Manager. This is a Non-Exempt / Hourly position.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two-year or technical degree in related field or equivalent experience required.
- Must be able to set-up and weld mild steel and stainless steel in horizontal, vertical, and overhead positions with Arc and MIG welders.
- Working knowledge of single and three phase electrical.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair machine control circuitry, programmable logic controllers, and related Input/Output circuitry.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be able to work any shift (days, swing, graveyard, and/or rotating) and any day of the week, including weekends. Must be able to work overtime as required by the production and maintenance schedules.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English including reading, writing, using prints, diagrams, operating instructions, and technical manuals.
- Ability to work in a safe manner and apply safety policies and procedures to work tasks.
- Be able to perform tasks safely at while using various tools and while working on a variety of equipment.
- Ability to maintain a neat and orderly work environment and function effectively in a team.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
- Must have good personal hygiene and be able to practice safe work habits.
- Ability to follow directions with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to teach/train.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Microsoft Office/computer experience.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License.
- Perform the duties within the Packaging Maintenance function with minimum supervision.
- Adhere to department GMP’s policy / procedures.
- Maintain records pertinent to equipment performance, necessary repairs and downtime via PM’s, SAP work requests, utilizing PC based systems.
- Communicate with the Supervisor as to product changeover and any other information necessary to insure the specified degree of quality and efficiency.
- Performs routine and/or non-routine checks and preventive maintenance tasks established by the Project Engineering Manager, Maintenance/Safety Manager, and the Maintenance Lead.
- May be required to perform emergency repairs with minimal supervision.
- Keeps documentation up to date.
- Familiar with proper start-up and shut down of packaging equipment
- Performs equipment repair, overhaul, and trouble-shooting of equipment; changes and replaces belts, sprockets, bearings, chains, motors, etc.
- Evaluates equipment for performance, performs adjustments, replaces parts, etc. as needed to assure uninterrupted packaging of quality potato products.
- Performs structurally-sound welds and acceptable cutting, using appropriate cutting and welding equipment.
- Follows instructions given in work logs, work orders, and equipment manuals.
- Must be able to operate a forklift and man lift in a safe manner. Requires plant certification.
- Give direction and training to lower bracketed mechanics as needed.
- Communicates and works with other associates and salaried personnel in a positive manner.
- Recognize and record any unusual condition or defective equipment.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work areas to insure the specified degree of cleanliness and sanitation standards.
- Observe all safety rules, policy, precautions and practices to insure the safety of self and others.
- Train/communicate to all personnel as required.
- Participate in the QRMP yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Supervisor or his/her designee.
- Assure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed within the Pellet Plant.
Email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.