Maintenance & Safety Manager
Manage maintenance team for all operations, warehouse, and office facilities located in Yakima and Sunnyside. Manage enterprise safety program, ensuring all facilities are compliant with applicable safety standards and requirements. Proven written skills to accurately document and complete required paperwork. Should have a positive attitude, support co-workers to obtain the above objectives, and assist others in their contributions. Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (in required areas) for extended periods of time. Ability to sit/stand/walk for extended periods of time and access stairs and ladders. Ability to bend, stoop, squat occasionally to frequently. Be able to lift (up to 50 lbs), carry (up to 44 lbs) occasionally to frequently within normal limits. Handle hazardous chemicals safely according to their MSDS’s and SOP’s.
- Manage team of mechanics and tradesmen (electrician, refrigeration mechanic, fabricator) to ensure timely completion of maintenance/facilities projects across four facilities located in Yakima and Sunnyside.
- Lead Company-wide safety program and lean Safety Team Meetings.
- Work with Maintenance and Productions Teams to proactively use preventive action program to eliminate accidents before they happen.
- Work with HR to manage accidents, accident investigation, corrective action and lead team to strive for goal of zero lost time accidents.
- Continue effective safety program that has lowest experience factor in the industry.
- Administrator for eMaint Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), with responsibility for job assignment and workflow management, scheduling, and proper documentation and record keeping.
- Create and implement asset specific preventive maintenance program in CMMS for all production lines.
- Manage Maintenance Budget company wide.
- Establish robust inventory system in CMMS and ERP for controlled ordering, storage, and distribution of expendable supplies and spare parts. Manage central storehouse and point of use inventory on each production line.
- Establish and track key metrics for equipment repair cost and downtime. Provide reports to Project Engineer to support development of 5-year capital plans.
- Responsible for collaborating with vendors to facilitate equipment maintenance and repair.
- Work with Facilities Department Managers and Project Engineer to provide maintenance team support on construction/fabrication/installation projects for new equipment and infrastructure.
- Work with Department Managers and Engineers to assess production/warehouse equipment performance and make recommendations on regular servicing, maintenance, calibration and Preventive Maintenance.
- Troubleshoot process upsets, equipment malfunction, and yield variances.
- Oversee and improve all established safety programs, including Safety Committees, Safety Audits, and LOTO. Establish new safety programs as required.
- Use Lean principals to eliminate waste. Optimize equipment to reduce utility usage per unit of finished goods to enhance sustainability program. Eliminate leaks (product, utilities) to improve productively, ensure quality, reduce cost and reduce utility consumption.
- Lead Maintenance Team Meetings.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, HACCP and cGMP for Pellet Plant facilities.
- Ensure the plant warehouse and office facilities comply with OSHA and WISHA and develop and update SOP’s and policies to ensure compliance.
- Assure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed within the facilities.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Notify your supervisor if you identify or recommend ways to improve process efficiency.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Supervisor or his/her designee.
- Minimum of five years supervision/management experience in a food processing or beverage production environment with experience in troubleshooting, equipment maintenance, electrical work, fabrication, refrigeration, safety program oversight, and project management.
- Tradesman level certification in electrical, refrigeration, fabrication, or equivalent. Five additional years of experience above qualification and demonstrated leadership skills can substitute for degree.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and outstanding work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission, vision and values.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Second language is desirable.
- Must be able to effectively work as part of a team with employees, department managers, senior / executive management, growers, customers and vendors.
- Skilled at mentoring and training employees and other team members in professional development in alignment with company needs.
- PC skills – Microsoft Office, Outlook, CMMS and experience working with ERP systems.
- Familiarity with plant equipment operations (raw material handling, milling, vertical form fill and seal bagging, chiller, boiler, pumps, compressors, PLC).
- Understanding of hops (pelleting, extraction, products, packaging).
- Brewing experience or brewing education is a plus.
- Lean Manufacturing Training preferred.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with co-workers, supervisor and management.
Email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.