Laboratory Research Technician
- BA/BS in Chemistry, Biology, or related field required.
- Excellent mathematical, communication and computer skills, be strongly detail oriented and be able to easily multi-task.
- Should be able to independently initiate, prioritize, and perform or solve work problems and ultimately achieve work objectives and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with co-workers, supervisor and management.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.).
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Follow written (Standard Operating Procedures -SOP’s, company memos & emails) and verbal Instructions.
- Minimum of one year related experience with demonstrated aptitude to learn on-the-job.
- Familiarity with plant and lab equipment (HPLC, GCMS, GCO and UV Spectrophotometer) operation and SOPs.
- Possess a strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission, vision, values and environmental policy and quality policy.
- Must have a positive attitude, support co-workers to obtain desired objectives, and assist others in their contributions.
- Ability to adapt to changing paces and processes quickly.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (in required areas) for extended periods of time.
- Handle, store and dispose of hazardous chemicals safely according to their SDS,federal, state and environmental regulations.
- Attentive to the task and own surroundings.
The purpose of this position is to analyze beer, hop and hop product samples in support of pilot brewery, hop production and R&D projects. This position works within the Technical Solutions department and reports to the Technical Manager.
- Lead daily operations in regards sample preparation and analysis
- Assist supervisor with prioritizing samples and analysis
- Organize data collection and analyzing results
- Communicate results to internal/external customers
- Assist supervisor with ensuring that sample analysis procedures are followed
- Analyze incoming samples as per protocol and SOPs.
- Sample preparation of leaf hops, cryo products, pellets, extract, advanced products, and beer.
- Operate the following equipment:
- Gas Chromatograph with FID – Agilent Technologies
- GC/Mass Spec with TDU – Agilent Technologies/Gerstel
- HPLC - Agilent Technologies
- UV Spectrometer – Shimadzu
- Titrator – Mettler Toledo
- FTIR – Perkin Elmer
- Digital Density Meter – Anton Paar
- pH Meter
- Lead laboratory research projects.
- Assist Manager with research design and protocols
- Write SOP’s as required
- Assist with method development
- Analyze samples and data
- Prepare reports of data to present at industry meetings
- Remain up-to-date with current and future technology that applies to the lab, hops and beer.
- Laboratory team member
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness and appearance of lab
- Follow safety requirements.
- Enter data in Excel, ERP and other software and communicate results.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing effectively with customers and other YCH teams to share results and present ideas.
- Assist in maintaining all analysis equipment to ensure accuracy and dependability
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of quality issues.
- Assist supervisor with ordering and maintaining lab supplies
- Perform other duties within the company as required.
- Continuously look for ways to improve process efficiency and notify immediate supervisor of observations and recommendations.
- Must have a complete understand of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
- Adhere to company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations.
- Follow all instructions from the Manager.
- Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
Email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.