Distributor Sales Coordinator
The purpose of this position is to provide accurate and timely support for our distributor accounts and international offices. This would entail open and direct communication with our international offices and distributors, building orders for logistics to ship against inter-site transfer orders and working as a team with Sales, Operations, Logistics and Finance to fully support our client’s needs.
- Facilitate, coordinate and with customers to ensure orders are completed accurately and timely.
- Work closely with production to ensure pack sizes and varieties are produced to meet customer needs.
- Maintain current knowledge of pesticide and other quality tests of product before sale.
- Maintain current knowledge of contract structure and terminology related to specified work.
- Create and manage product sales orders using the Enterprise Recourse Planning (ERP) system, X3.
- Planning outbound shipments, foreign (domestic as assigned).
- Utilizing the reports for pending orders, determine product availability required to fulfill and the date by which it must be shipped in order to arrive when requested.
- Work with logistics to coordinate the freight forwarder, trucker, or any other entities responsible for moving the freight and liaising with customers.
- Continually evaluate allocations to minimize domestic inter-site transfers.
- Ensure all partners in supply chain work effectively and efficiently.
- Analyze freight and logistics cost and benefits; provide cost effective recommendations.
- Provide support to distributors and international offices with monthly inventory reports, open inter-site transfer order reports and delivery schedules.
- Investigate and report out to internal and external partners contract, account and inventory discrepancies and/or other customer technical concerns.
- Assist customers in questions regarding all specialty products. (Extract/ Cryo/ ISO)
- Assist and guide customers in the maintenance of their inventories levels.
- Act as a partner in brewer development with customers regarding hop choices, qualities and substitutions and possess the ability to provide knowledge to customers on hop varieties and their uses.
- Be a lead to other department members and assist leadership in new programs activities.
- Work with IT department to continuously improve tools we have to use for reporting to customers as well as needs for the day to day function of the job through our ERP system or other IT tools.
- Keep the Director of Distributor Accounts, Distributor Accounts Manager, Foreign Offices, Shipping, and Contract/Quotes informed of all customer account activity.
- Work in conjunction with Finance Department to update account status and information, as well as communicate to customers regarding Finance concerns.
- Record and maintain customer related documents - import agreements, trucking orders, purchase orders, invoices, packing slips, etc.
- Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Confer with department leadership or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Continuously improve process efficiency and notify supervisor of observations and recommendations.
- Complete understanding and adherence to company policies to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
- Maintain a sanitary and safe work environment.
- Perform all other ad hoc duties as assigned by leadership and/or designee.
- AA in business preferred but not required.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills in English and Spanish.
- Collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze freight data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations
- Freight forwarding experience desired.
- Minimum 2 years related experience with demonstrated aptitude to learn on-the-job, and/or 3 years’ experience as a Customer Service Specialist with demonstrated excellence in position.
- Independently imitate, prioritize, and perform or solve work problems and ultimately achieve work objectives and meet deadlines.
- Follow written (Standard Operating Procedures, Company Memos & Emails) and verbal instructions.
- Must possess or able to learn international shipping terms, required documentation and shipping processes.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Work & Outlook).
- Possess a strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission, vision and values.
- Must have a positive attitude, support co-workers to obtain desired objectives, and assist others in their contributions as well as collaboratively work within and outside of department to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to adapt to changing paces and processes quickly.
- Ability to effectively talk on the phone and use e-mail in a bilingual setting.
- Must be able to learn ERP Systems to perform data entry & print reports.
- Attentive to the task and own surroundings.
- Ability to take on ancillary roles and effectively manage department programs.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.