Customer Service Specialist 1
Job Summary: The purpose of this position is to provide accurate and timely customer order fulfillment, assist RSMs in customer contract inventory management, working as a team with Operations, Shipping and Finance. A main focus of this position is to learn the functions and tools of the role as well as business and industry practices.
- Efficiently process customer orders.
- Assist and guide customers in the maintenance of their contract inventories.
- Act as a partner to the customer in brewer development regarding hop choices, qualities and substitutions.
- Develop knowledge in new products, promotions, and services available within the company and provide information to customers.
- Continuously update customer information within assigned sales region regarding openings/closing of customer locations, change of ownership or sales contact and addresses or billing information.
- Work in conjunction with RSM and Inside Sales Manager to resolve customer issues.
- Keep the Director of Inside Sales, Inside Sales Manager and Shipping informed of all customer account activity.
- Work in conjunction with Finance Department to update account status and information as well as communicate to customers regarding Finance concerns.
- Learn standards and maintain current knowledge of pesticide and other quality tests of product before sale.
- Process documents related to trucking orders.
- Inform customers of the status of shipments and/or issues with accounts, product, etc.
- Confer with Inside Sales Manager or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes
- Continuously look for ways to improve process efficiency and notify Inside Sales Manager of observations and recommendations.
- Meet with Inside Sales Manager and team members to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Maintain sanitary and safe work environment.
- Follow safety requirements.
- May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Develop a working knowledge and understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Follow all SOPs in a given area.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.
- AA in business preferred but not required.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Must be strongly detail oriented and be able to easily multi-task.
- Should be able to independently to initiate, prioritize, and perform or solve work problems and ultimately achieve work objectives and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with co-workers, supervisor and management.
- Follow written (Standard Operating Procedures -SOP’s, company memos & emails) and verbal Instructions.
- Minimum of 12 months related experience with demonstrated aptitude to learn on-the-job.
- Familiarity with plant equipment operation and SOPs.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Possess a strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission, vision, values and environmental policy and quality policy.
- Must have a positive attitude, support co-workers to obtain desired objectives, and assist others in their contributions.
- Ability to adapt to changing paces and processes quickly.
- Must be able to learn ERP systems to perform data entry & print reports.
- Attentive to the task and own surroundings.
- Bi-lingual preferred (Spanish, French, German, Japanese, or Dutch).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.