The Cost Accountant will work in the Finance Department and report to the Controller, planning, studying and collecting data to determine the costs of various business activities, such as raw material purchases, labor and other costs, in order to establish the proper standard cost of all Inventory products. This is an Exempt / Salary position.
- Analyzing raw materials, manufacturing methods, and services provided, to determine effects on cost.
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Review and update standard costs as needed for each Inventory site.
- Preparing estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products.
- Maintain Cost Accounting System, including creation of new, and maintenance of existing Bill of Material calculations, and Work Order review.
- Assist in Month end close of the General Ledger, including the WIP Finalization process, and Inventory reconciliations.
- Special projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Engage in LEAN and continuous improvement initiatives
- Exhibit company values and a commitment to achieving YCH company vision and mission
- Adhere to all company policies
- BS/BA in Accounting preferred
- Must have excellent computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office, Sage X3 is a plus
- Experience with Excel Tables preferred
- Excellent analytical skills, sound understanding of accounting principals
- Ability to accurately prepare reports for management
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Interpersonal skills (ability to work with all levels from hourly to management)
- Time management and multi-tasking skills
Email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.